Monday, November 16, 2009

Modern and Postmodern

This reading gave me a headache! There were many times I found myself going back over the paragraph I just read because none of it seemed to stick! Even after reading certain parts out loud, I felt like it was just words put together that made no sense.  Towards the end of the reading, some of the things became more clear.  What I took away from the reading was that Modern is basically "normal" and Post-Modern is the movement that questions the "normal" or takes the "normal" and makes it into something else.  Maybe I didn't make too much sense just now, but since my understanding of the reading was not all too great, I doubt my explanation of it will be of any value.  I see Modern as being more like the popular movement and Post-Modern more like the underground movement that's maybe even happening at the same time, just with alternative means.  Post-Modern can also take Modern and twist the meanings or questions the meanings presented in the Modern. 
Okay, pretty sure that there was A LOT more in the reading, but that's all that seemed to stay in my head...

No comments:

Post a Comment